Thursday, March 5, 2015

Pink Covered Cookies

Recently I was at Joann Fabrics and Crafts.  I found another Wilton mold that was deeply discounted since it was past Valentine's Day.  I grabbed it up, thinking it would be nice to try for next year.

Couldn't wait until next year!   I found some sandwich cookies to try out along with some "candy melts", though not the Wilton ones.  These were more candy for less money so I had my doubts but gave them a try.

This is what they looked like: 




As far as the molding process, this was not too hard.  You have to squish the cookies in, but not too hard, then top with more melted candy and shake the mold for the candy to cover the sides of the cookies.

So...I thought they were pretty successful.  My first concern came when Dear One got a glimpse of them.  He raised his eyebrows.  Yikes.  Well, I still put them out for the kids. 

The kids were a little concerned about the color, too, but by the second day of serving them, most of them were gone.  Guess I won't try that again...at least not bright pink ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment